Monday, April 20, 2015

The Boys are Back!!


            I have been waiting for months. I have been waiting since football season ended. THE BOYS ARE BACK!!!

            The Washington Redskins have returned to the area for off-season workouts and training. YES!!! Why am I so excited? This is the beginning of a fresh start. I think it is the freshest start this team has had in years. New GM, new season, no wins (or loses), and new hope. It is a beautiful feeling and I’m trying to make it contagious. Today has been testing me but I am NOT going to let it take my mood away from me. I absolutely refuse to give it that power.

            Looking at the Redskins’ Facebook page and following their SnapChat account has definitely helped to pump up my mood. The players are back at Redskins Park! I’m not going to lie, they’re just lifting weights. It’s weight room activities. It’s the stuff that I see at the gym and it doesn’t even catch my attention. But because it is the Redskins and it is my team, I could not be more excited. Actually I could be. I could try to go to Redskins Park and get an autograph. But I wouldn’t be able to get through the gate or even into the building. I’m also not a stalker or a creep. There is a fine line between extreme fan and restraining order. Never will I ever get to that point.

            I know not everyone is as excited as I am for this day but I also know I’m not alone. There seems to be newfound optimism in the DC Metro Area today. Nats won, Caps aren’t out of the playoffs, and the Redskins are back to work.

            Maybe the DC teams can bring some championship bling back to the area this year.

            Wishful thinking but we got this!!!! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment