Sunday, April 5, 2015

Seasons Are Changing

            March Madness is wrapping up, the baseball season is starting, and the NHL playoffs are right around the corner. It’s transition time in the world of sports. Let’s get it started!!
            I think this is the beginning of my favorite time of year for sports. Winter is great (Lord knows I thoroughly enjoy hockey) but something is different about that and sports that take place from spring through fall. It’s a more magical time. People are outside. Fans can come together outside and watch their teams while the sun shines and the smell of fresh cut grass is in the air. Nothing brings people together like it.
            I expect great things to come from my teams this year. The Capitals aren’t out of the playoff race and the Orioles have a strong team heading into the season. Even the NFL Draft has me excited!
            It’s worth the time to go to a baseball game. I strongly believe that everyone should go to at least one every other season or so. I would say every season but I can’t shoot for the stars right off the bat. People need to take part in America’s pastime. Grab a hotdog, grab a cap, and root for your team. Even if you don’t like a specific team, baseball fans can be very accommodating for newcomers and interesting to observe. They have some of the strongest loyalties and rivalries in the entirety of Sports World.
            Choose a warm summer day. Grab your friends and a cooler. Seats aren’t terribly expensive… Usually… Enjoy the outdoors and the sport that represents the great United States of America. I’m making plans to travel to Baltimore and Camden Yards to get the experience I came to love when I was younger. Currently I’m deciding between a game vs. the Red Sox or the Braves. Maybe both if I get a good price for them.

            Yup, I am so very excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment