Snow. Ice. At this point I’m starting to believe that winter
is never going to end. It’s killing me! I want to go outside. I want to be in
the fresh air and feeling the sun dance upon my skin. A light breeze goes by
just when the sun gets a little on the warm side…
I need to stop. Thinking about it is going to bum me out.
I can’t help but remember not too long ago when this time of
year was full of excitement and possibility. The soccer season was right around
the corner. Cleats and shin guard tans!!! YAY! The itch to play again is real.
I’ve looked it up I don’t know how many times and I can
never seem to sign up. There is an adult soccer league in the area and I would
love to play. No times seem to work well for me though. It is really upsetting.
There is a Sunday night league and that sounds great except for the fact I know
of a couple occasions already where I wouldn’t be able to make the time
commitment. I could join the school team but living off campus accompanied by a
couple internships and an awkward class schedule means I could not give them
the time they need either.
What the future needs to hold is a company that will hire me
when I graduate with a soccer team I can join. I know people whose companies
have softball teams or even kickball teams but I have never heard of a company
with a soccer team. I miss the game. I would take part in a company sports team
if I had the opportunity and I would join a soccer team in a heartbeat. Who
knows, maybe it will happen.
Or maybe I’ll just attempt to join my friend’s kickball
team. I could even take my friend’s place! We look similar! Except for the
height difference, the body structure, and the fact that he is, well, a he.
No big deal. I got this.
No comments:
Post a Comment