Sunday, May 3, 2015

Draft Party 2015

            Yesterday was the Washington Redskins Draft Day party at FedExField. I got to work the event and I have to tell you, it was fantastic!!! Players were there, the cheerleaders were there, and fans upon fans came out to celebrate the NFL Draft on a beautiful day.
           
            There’s something about an organization that looks to embrace the fans as much as the Washington Redskins do. So much about what they do revolves around the fans. Of course with the media in Washington, D.C. you would not know about it. They are quick to jump on anything and everything and blow it up completely. The Redskins really do a lot.

For Draft Day as an example they opened up the stadium for the day to let the fans in on the experience. There was free parking that was actually great parking. It was free admission as well. There was fantastic food (not free but not just hotdogs and chicken tenders). Players took plenty of time to sign autographs and take pictures with everyone big and small. The Super Bowl Trophies were on display and you could see the eyes of the littlest fans widen as they walked by. You could see the excitement behind them grow for the season and the future ahead.


The Washington Redskins have not had the most absolutely amazing record for the past… 15 years? It’s been rough and not only for the team but the fans that support it. Players and coaches have come and gone but fans have stayed throughout. I know I have stayed. I know my family has and so many other people have. The organization sees that and I think they have realized that they have to keep the ties close between the team and the fans. Draft Day was definitely a great way to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment