Monday, February 16, 2015

Breakfast with Dad - Week 3

#1 – I GOT A CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRY POP TART!!!!! It was delicious. Chocolate pop tart with strawberry filling and topped with some white and red icing & sprinkles. I was going to take a picture of it but I got too excited. I was powerless to the pastry. It was gone really fast. Ted's should really consider making it part of the menu all the time. wink wink nudge nudge...

#2 – It’s cold. As I type this, my phone says it is 7 degrees outside. Not good. Not having it. Not a fan.

Seems random but they both tie in together because this is another installment of Breakfast with Dad!!!! Yay! It’s going to be a short one today but it will be filled with goodies nonetheless.

Yesterday my dad and I planned to meet at 7:30 AM. Due to the lovely snow, freezing temperatures, and strong winds we weren’t there until closer to 8:00. 30 minutes less than normal but that weather was not messing around. It really drove the conversation. My question to him – How do people in Green Bay (and places like it) put up with this for weeks on end?! I am going crazy with just a couple days of it and I’m only going to and from my car. These people are out for hours watching a football game!

I’ve said it before, I love my football; but a girl can only stand so much cold before she just wants to set something on fire. My dad is the same. He does not deal with the cold weather. He doesn’t even have some highly thought out reason for the Green Bay fans being out there. He says, “They’re just used to it.” Apparently if you choose to live in a place where a sneeze will freeze before it lands, you grow accustomed to it. You have the proper clothes and you know what it takes to keep warm.

But what about the players?! Because when they’re on the field, they do not get to be in sweatpants and huge jackets. They’re in long sleeved shirts. That’s pretty much the extent of it! It baffles me because then you see them on the sidelines huddling under giant puffy jackets shaking. Sweat and the cold do not mix well at all. I would be sick all the time. Places like these should pay more considering the conditions the players are expected to deal with.

My dad did not have a good answer for the players except that they have to love what they do to do it there. Maybe some of them even like the cold. Who knows?! I couldn’t do it. I know that about myself. I’m a wuss.

But that’s okay! I’ll embrace it! I’ll just sit right here and wait on summer. Also, once summer starts again we only have about 2 months before football season starts again. The warm weather brings so many perks!  

No comments:

Post a Comment