Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Body Positivity for the Average and Classy Lady

Let's try some #WednesdayWisdom: Keep Going.

Here it Goes...

I lost a bunch of weight and gained some of it back so body image issues have a tendency to be prevalent in my life. I usually look at pictures of myself with extreme disappointment. I don't have a flat stomach, my thighs are in no way small, and my arms are definitely not toned. This one is different - I LOVE this picture.

This picture does not show a huge transformation or any real "gains." It does, however, show me after one of the most difficult gym sessions I've ever done. With all the crap I have put my body through it got me through a workout that made me want to die. I might not have a flat stomach but my abs are strong. I might not have small thighs but my legs are powerful. My arms might not be toned but if I flex I can finally see some baby muscle.... And there's a tattoo, so my arms are badass no matter what.


Anyway, I took this and was so proud I sent it to my boyfriend. I didn't pose. I didn't work on angles. I didn't fix my hair or put on makeup. His response? "Damn girl you killed it!"


My love for the gym comes and goes. Working out is hard. But I've never been more proud of myself than that night. Well, for a physical accomplishment. Graduating college and Charity Classic 2016 are up there for moments as well.


I'm not where I want to be yet. I will keep improving. I encourage everyone to look at what their bodies have done and can do instead of looking at what they aren't and what they can't. My stomach will never be completely flat. I will always have thunder thighs. My arms will continue to improve but remain pudgy. I wouldn't trade it for anything and I can't wait to see where it takes me.



#BodyPositive #GymSelfie #SelfLove #Proud #RedHairDontCare #Tattoos #FemaleStrong


Thanks to @PaigeHathaway, @BethBehrs, and @BodyPosiPanda for being the best balance of motivation on the planet. And thanks to the boyfriend who is always encouraging, supportive, and loves me no matter what.



Instagram? Follow me!



Need some motivation? 

Diet / Lifestyle: Beth Behrs
Self Love: Megan Jayne Crabbe

No comments:

Post a Comment